I just posted this as a comment on a friend’s blog.Â Then I decided I liked it enough to post it here.
Iâ€™m getting really tired of seeing things happen that, having read about them in the history books, I never thought Iâ€™d see. Like:
– I never thought Iâ€™d see a presidential impeachment. Then came Monica.
– I never thought Iâ€™d see a hung presidential election. Hello, 2000!
– On a more somber note, 9/11 came close to being the bloodiest day in American history. It didnâ€™t quite beat our Antietam, but it sure looked close for a while.
– I remember Nixon – heâ€™s the first president I do remember.Â I never thought Iâ€™d see someone challenge his badness as worst president in my lifetime. Surprise!
– Now we see what may well become the next Great Depression. I donâ€™t think it will get quite that bad, but still.
Could we please just have a few years of calm? Iâ€™m tired of seeing hugely historical events every other year or so. All I want is a decade of peace and quiet – is that so much to ask?
If I did not know any better, I would have thought I read this somewhere else earlier today :-).
Glad I could be a source of inspiration for you (although I do not know if this falls in the category of inspiration, but I will take it)