Wednesday, March 21
- We visit the waterfall again. Julie digs out the bag of Lucky Charms she carried all over Ireland. Â Really. Â She really did that. She never did eat them. Â She doesn’t even like them. Â (Joe: still 5)
- We drive the Ring of Kerry. Â Part of it, anyway. (Joe: 2)
- We visit an iron age stone fort. (Joe: 4)
- We dip our toes in the sea. Â Well, Joe does, anyway. (Joe: 2)
- We go to Limerick Castle. (Joe: 4)
They’ve got a great high-tech visitors center. Â And weird murals.
- We go to the Medieval Feast at Bunratty Castle. Â The music is sublime, the rest, not so much. Â (Joe: 3. 4 for the music.)
Thursday, March 22
- We go to the Cliffs of Moher. Â That’s pronounced “More.” Â Because we just had to see MORE! (Joe: 2, 3 if the weather were nicer)
It’s windy. Â And rainy. Â Really windy and rainy.
- We go to the Burren. Â (Joe: 3. Â But 4 in past visits when the weather was nicer.)
- Another random monastery! (Joe: 3)
- A random castle – Athlone Castle. Â Nice castle, amazing displays. (Joe: 3. Â 4 for the displays.)
- A random art place and church across the street from the castle. (Joe: 2)
- Roscommon Castle, a ruined castle. Â (Joe: 3)
- And that night we stay at… well, leave that for the next post.