No diving today. Instead, Julie and I hopped in the car and drove around the island. The sites we saw:
– Rum Point. A crowded public beach with a dock at one end and food stands at the other. No big deal.
– Snorkeling at some random beach that we stumbled across. Lots of fan corals, bunches of undistinguished fish.
– A visit to the Grand Cayman Botanical Gardens. The place includes an English-style carefully cultivated country garden, only with tropical plants and iguanas. I discovered a few years back in England that I like carefully cultured English-style country gardens, the kind of places where even the butterflies seem planned, and they are even nicer with tropical plants.
– A visit to what the map said was the St James Pedro Castle. It wasn’t a castle, but there were cold drinks and a nice view.
– Snorkeling off another random beach. Some really good coral formations here.
– The best meal we’ve had on the island so far, at Casanova’s. I ate way too much.
– A special adventure that merits its own post.
Rum Point Beach… sounds like my kinda place!