Tuesday, March 20
- Cahir Castle. Â (Joe: 3)
Julie feeds some geese – she feeds a lot of birds this trip. Â They charge!
- Blarney Castle. Â Joe kisses the Blarney Stone. Â Julie has too much sense. Â Joe catches a cold. Â It turns out that lining up in a crowd of hundreds and kissing the same stone they all kiss isn’t the best idea in the world. Â At least we get to pay a lot for the privilege. Â Really, whoever came up with that idea is full of the blarney! Â (Joe: 2)
Julie feeds more birds. Â This time better-behaved ones – large crows. Â There’s lots of large crows in Ireland.
Killarney National Park.
We do a lot of things here.
- We take a carriage ride through the park. (Joe: 4)
- We visit lovely gardens. (Joe: 3)
- We visit a magical valley with a waterfall. Â It feels like fairies should live there. (Joe: 5)
- We visit a ruined monastery. Â In the cloister, a large yew tree grows. Â Another magical place. Â (Joe: 5)
- We watch the sunset over the mountains. (Joe: 3)
Really, this place was amazing – one of our favorite stops.